Rules of the Road
IMPORTANT: HELMETS REQUIRED on all rides; no headphones; no tri bar use unless you are the front rider.
NON-MEMBERS: You are required to sign a waiver. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before ride start. You can print out the waiver ahead of time at this link, and bring it with you.
Ride Group Descriptions
Review these Ride Group Descriptions to see where you might fit best…
Group rides starting at Chainwheel Drive in Palm Harbor
Rides start promptly at 8:00 a.m. (32800 US Hwy 19 N, 34684)
- 25+ mph (Training Ride) – Very high endurance ride with no speed control.
- 23 – 25 mph – High endurance with little speed control.
- 21 – 23 mph – Moderate to High endurance with mild speed control.
- 19 – 21 mph – Moderate to High endurance with little speed control.
- 17 -19 mph – Moderate endurance with speed control.
- 15 – 18 mph – Moderate endurance with speed control and a 35 mile route.
Group rides starting from Publix parking lot at Alternate 19 and Curlew Rd.
Rides start promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- Rec Ride Group — Be able to maintain a pace of 12-15 MPH, and be able to complete 18-20 miles distance. A “Road” bike not required, but we ask that you are able to maintain the pace above. Rec Ride is considered a Show and Go ride, generally on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month.
- 16 – 20 mph “Gulf Ride” –Starts on Pinellas Trail; to Howard Park Beach, and Anclote Park with options to turn back and/or add on. 16-20 mph pace with some sprints. Distance from 24-35 miles. No official ride leader or sweep.
NOTE: When description states “ability to maintain” a particular speed, this indicates ability to remain at that speed for a reasonable and steady amount of time — it does not refer to “average” pace for entire ride.
IMPORTANT: Although some rides say they have little or no speed control, riders are still expected to obey any and all traffic laws.
READY TO RIDE? Check out our Club Ride Calendar and come join us!
I ASSUME ALL RISKS, known or unknown, incidental to membership in Suncoast Cycling Club and those risks incidental to my participation in any official or unofficial team activities. I acknowledge and understand that participation in cycling-related activities of any kind (whether racing, training, recreational or otherwise; and whether as a rider, coach, mechanic, spectator, or in any other capacity) is an inherently dangerous activity, and that the dangers of any such activity include, but are not limited to, collisions, falls, mishaps, road hazards, motor vehicle accidents, equipment failure, inattentive or negligent or unskilled fellow-riders, and weather hazards, and that such dangers may result in DEATH, broken bones, permanent disability, paralysis, trauma, brain damage, heart failure or other cardio-vascular occurrences, and innumerable other severe physical or mental injury or trauma, as well as damage and loss to valuable equipment, components, and accessories.